Friday, November 8, 2013

The Purple Forest

Greetings and a caffo day to you! Wonderful to see you as it always is. Pour yourself a big mug of coffee and snag a virtual treat while I toot my own horn a little (again!). Though I am supposed to be hard at work on a Montessori textbook, I confess to having digressed somewhat lately as I put the final formatting touches on a book of children's stories I have wanted to publish for a long time.

The Purple Forest and Other Children's Stories is a collection of 22 of my short stories for and about children in various parts of the world, written over the years. I wrote a number of them while I was teaching in Thailand so a percentage of the stories are set there. Thanks to Smashwords, I am finally able to share them with children and adults around the world. It makes an excellent source of quick reading lessons for ESL teachers, as well.

If you are familiar with my recent artwork, you may recall seeing the cover of my book as one of the small acrylics I painted earlier this year (multi-talented, eh!). 

This new book of mine is published by Smashwords who make it available in most eReader formats - Kindle, Kobo, Sony, etc. as well as PDF. If you feel like supporting a starving writer, you can download the book in most formats for the huge sum of $3.99 USD from:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/375634

A 20% preview can be downloaded free from the same URL. 

Now Polly, it's back to the montessori text...promise!

See ya, eh!

Bob




 

0 comments: