Saturday, November 16, 2013

Starbucks to open shop on train

Hey! There's my star reader! How's it going today, eh? Ready for a mugga and a VT? Of course you are. Say, you know me...if it's about coffee, you'll see it here in my blog. Well here's a first...

Major US coffee retailer Starbucks Coffee Co said it will open its first shop on a train in Switzerland next week.

Under a tie-in with Swiss Federal Railways, Starbucks said on Thursday that the train will take its maiden trip next Thursday, running from Geneva Airport, located in western Switzerland, to St Gallen in the northeast.

The 50-seat, two-story train will make two roundtrips daily and offer 50 seats. Travellers can sit at a table or at the bar, Starbucks said.

According to a public French radio station, the Starbucks-themed train will operate on a trial basis for nine months and whether it continues or the coffee service is introduced on other trains depends on the trial.

Not such a bad idea. Why not have trains themed like shopping malls, eh? Rather than sitting down for hours with little if anything to do, why not walk around, shop and drink coffee? I know, as usual, I'm ahead of my time with this concept but I think themed trains is the way to go. In fact...why don't Via Rail, Amtrak and others offer Christmas Shopping trips? Think of the additional revenue. I can picture whole train cars decked out as Sears, Hudson's Bay, Macy's, Tim Hortons, et al. Think about it... I am such a visionary!

See ya, eh!

Bob


PS: What about Walmart? Mind you, they would need the whole train. Still...I can see that too.

0 comments: