Sunday, November 17, 2013

Santa Claus Parade

Ho! Ho! Ho, eh! Great to see you and thanks for dropping out of the cybersky to read my blog today. Speaking of dropping out of the sky, here in Cornwall, we are blessed with flocks of seagulls (or some other kind of flying gull poo factories). Well, the other day, I went to pick up Nong after work and was sitting there in the parking lot reading my book while I was waiting when I heard a loud double 'plop'.  I looked up from my page and sure enough, a gull had anointed my windshield with a double blessing. 

Amazing isn't it...how they can fly and crap at the same time. Only time we humans get to do that is when we take 30-second Exlax and the toilet's a minute away!

Nong and I went to see our local Santa Claus Parade last night. Fill your mug and grab a hearty Apple Dutchie while I tell you about it. 

Last time we saw it was about eight years ago and at the time it seemed rather disappointing. Of course, we had come from Toronto where they have a spectacular parade that goes on for hours. This one was late starting, and only a couple big floats and was over quickly. So, our hopes were not too high last night.


Well, we were pleasantly surprised. Considering the population here is only 47002. (The sign on the highway says 47,000 but that was before we moved in). Anyway, the parade was fun. Lots of big floats to gawk at; air, sea and army cadet bands, dancing girls (from local dance clubs), and of course Santa pulling up the rear. Quite a good show so "Good for you, Cornwall!"

See ya, eh!

Bob

0 comments: