Sunday, January 12, 2014

World’s Fastest, Most Expensive Police Car Fleet

Hey there! Pull over...and have a mug of delicious coffee and a virtual doughnut, why don't'cha? Great to see you. Thanks for pulling over into my virtual café! Y'know, when I was teaching at St. John's in Bangkok, we had a standard joke that  students came to school in Mercedes' and teachers took the bus! Read on. You'll see there I'm going with this...

Students at a University in Dubai also come to school in flashy cars. Now, Dubai’s cops seem to be catching up too. The latest version of the emirates police fleet is so impressive that people on the streets are begging to be arrested and taken for a ride. Civilians actually stop to click photographs as the police cars pass by.

The latest addition to the fleet is a state-of-the-art, US $280,000 McLaren MP4-12C. It joins the Dubai police’s garage of the world’s most expensive patrol cars – a Lamborghini, an Aston Martin, a Bentley, a Ferrari and a Chevrolet. All of these cars can comfortably exceed 190 miles per hour. They are almost impossible to outrun.

Yeah, well, Dubai is not high on my list of places I want to see so I doubt I have to worry much about being pulled over by a McLaren or Ferrari, eh. Here in Cornwall, police drive the standard Ford Interceptors. Of course, they also have a fleet of unmarked cars. I haven't looked to closely to see what they are. Usually, I just go past them rather slowly and keep my head down. 

See ya, eh.

Bob

PS: There is quite a debate as to what the plural is of the word Mercedes. Mercedeses? Mercedes-Benzes? Neither sound right so I have chosen to stick with the singular Mercedes but add a '. Maybe the ' is not needed but I saw it written that way so I stuck it in. Got any thoughts on this one way or t'other?

0 comments: