Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!

Hi there! Good to see you. Thanks for stopping by on this monumental occasion. It's my 72nd birthday today! Damn cake's getting so loaded with candles that I'll soon have to order a bigger cake! (Smile!)

Help yourself to a mugful of coffee and a slice of virtual birthday cake.

Started the day of by getting out of bed around 4:45 this morning to get Nong ready for her 6:00 AM shift. Then, I was sitting checking out the NWS (News, Weather & Sports) when, would you believe it, the power went out...just long enough that I had to go through the house and reset all the clocks. The good news is that it was the power in the house and not my ticker, eh! Also on the plus side, one of the scratch tickets Nong put in my birthday card produced $12! Yea!

After freezing temperatures all last week, it was +3 C and raining this morning. Of course, that won't last out the day. By this afternoon, it is expected to drop to -1 C bringing freezing rain. That will be followed by a high tomorrow of -13C. Wonderful, eh? 

I've always said that here in Canada we get too much weather: too much snow; too much ice; too much rain; and in the summer, too much humidity. As Canadians, we also pay way too many taxes! There, I got that out of my system. Hey...it's my birthday. I'm allowed to complain a little, right!

So how old are you again, Bob? I've decided that from now on, I'm just adding up the numbers. Last year, I was 8. This year, I'm 9. For older folks not used to new math, let me show you how it works: 7+2=9. Makes sense to me!

See ya, eh! I gotta go rest up!

Birthday Bob

0 comments: