Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Urfus to the Rescue


G'day to you! I'm always happy to see your smiling face. Bet you didn't know I could see you, eh! Will marvels never cease? Help yourself to a mug of coffee and a virtual treat, why don't'cha? Hey...I have to toot the old horn a little again. On Sunday, I sent my third book in to Smashwords and guess what? Yesterday when I checked my email, there was one from Smashwords saying it has been accepted for publication. Now that I have figured out what they like and don't like, I can eliminate most of the time I spent before revising and re-editing the text. Here's the skinny on the book...


Urfus is a series of adventures of a rather timid young man who lives in a small village. It was originally developed to encourage my second language students to read. Each of the 24 chapters is short – intended to be read at the beginning of a one-hour lesson followed by discussion and an exercise or two. At the end of the book, there is a link for teachers to a package of related exercises.

It should now be available as an e-book in all the popular formats for Kindle, Kobo, Sony reader, et al. Price: $2.99 USD. 

So there you go. I've still got several more to rework for Smashwords. So... it's back to the computer for me...

See ya, eh!

Bob 

0 comments: