Saturday, July 23, 2011

Doc's Gates-Of-Hell Habanero & Jalapeno Relish

http://tinyurl.com/3tjr3sc

Howdy! Wonderful of you to stop by the blog today. Help yourself to a mug of fresh Arabica joyjuice and a treat. It’s the weekend so…relax! Well, Nong and I don’t have much of a weekend. We have Teacher’s Sports Day all day Sunday ending with a dinner at night. Somehow, sometime ago I must have signed up for a recipe group and forgot all about it. Also somehow it found its way into Outlook which I never use – at least the mail portion. I happened to click by Outlook and there are scads of recipes sitting there. Thought I’d share one or two that caught my eye.

How could I resist sharing with you something called:

Doc's Gates-Of-Hell Habanero & Jalapeno Relish

(I’m breaking into a sweat just thinking about it!)
2 1/2 c  Jalapeno peppers pickled
1/2 c  Habanero peppers pickled
1 3/4 c  Dill pickles chopped
3 tb Vodka
2 ea Garlic cloves minced
2/3 c  Onion chopped
2 ts Black pepper
1 tb Fresh dill
1 ts Tabsasco sauce
1 ts Worcestershire sauce
1 ts Angostura Bitters

Put your pickled jalapenos, dill pickles, vodka, garlic, onion, pepper, dill & sauces into your food processor.
Pulse enough times to chop & mix all of your ingredients.
Serve chilled with meats, poultry or seafood.

And because I’m a potato salad fan…

Cajun 3-Mustard Potato Salad
Yield: 6 servings

2 lb red potatoes unpeeled
1/2 c  mayonnaise
2 tb Dijon mustard
1 tb grainy mustard
1 tb brown spicy mustard
2 tb olive oil
1 ea garlic clove minced
1/2 red onion minced
1 ea celery rib diced
1/2 ts Cayenne pepper
1/2 can roasted red pepper minced
2 tb fresh parsley minced

Place your potatoes into large pot of boiling water.
Cook over med-heat just until tender.
DO NOT overcook.
Drain potatoes then allow to cool completely.
Cube to 1" pieces.
Combine mayonnaise with your mustards, vinegar & olive oil.
Whisk until smooth.
Add your onion, roasted red pepper, celery & parsley.
Gently fold this into your potatoes.
Season with salt & pepper.
Cover then refrigerate 6-12 hrs.

Go to it and send me a report. Don’t try to upload samples for me though, eh!

See ya!

0 comments: