Tuesday, December 8, 2015

What Cousin Pam Sees in my Painting

Hey! Hey! How the heck are you? Got time for a mug of coffee and a virtual muffin or doughnut? Of course you do. Say... remember I published a photo of my latest painting a few days ago... and asked people for suggestions as to what I should call it. I had tentatively named it 'Predator' because of the large fingers that seemed to be reaching out for its prey. Well my cousin Pam (who has recently taken up painting) responded to my 'request for suggestions and I decided that her thoughts were worthy of a post rather than just comment status. Here is what she had to say about my painting:

"In your tentatively named painting "predator"- I see a forest, and a beautiful vista overlaid with an icy quality, Arctic with the blue and purple overhead, it's almost suspending the vista underneath it., as are the frosted "fingers" in the forefront, attempting to arrest the flow. There is so much beautiful light and colour present in the piece, and I see a baby deer too (which has beautiful symbolism). A kind of Boreal vista.

Attach a $70 million price tag, see what comes in! xo

Lots of love,

Pam"

Couldn't have said it better myself...ahem! Some people might just see a mishmash of colour and lines while, to others, it can be a beautiful representation of a natural phenomenon. As a thanks to Pam, I think Boreal Vista would be an appropriate name for this painting. Have you found the fawn...the baby deer yet? Now you have to ask yourself, did he put it there deliberately or was it a 'happy accident'? Is that two more forest critters right behind the fawn? Hmmm...

See ya, eh!


Bob

0 comments: