Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Restaurant Review -Shanghai 360!

Hey there! Thanks for clicking by today! Everything`s hunky-dory with you, I trust... and no... hunky dory is not a type of fishing boat! Fill your mug, nudge a virtual doughnut or muffin onto your plate and sidle on over to the VIP table so I can bring you the latest restaurant review...

Yesterday, I had an appointment to see my doctor in Ottawa to get the results of the biopsy I underwent a few weeks back. Since Nong was off yesterday and my appointment was in the afternoon, we chose to drive up mid-morning and spend some time at the St Laurent Shopping Centre. We had not been there in about 8-9 years and it is the closest one to the hospital where my appointment was.

It was cyber Monday and the mall was not too busy...which suited us. We investigated the Food Court and it was quite a choice. Four Asian fast food restaurants! Japanese, Thai Express, Manchu Wok and a new one we had not seen before...Shanghai 360. After walking back and forth, we opted to try Shanghai 360 and it was a good choice. Lots of Chinese entrĂ©es along with either fried rice or noodles. Plus, and this is the Chinese first fast food place I have seen that offers Dim Sum... many kinds of steamed dumplings stuffed with beef or pork or chicken or shrimp.
`
I liked the look if the restaurant. It was clean, friendly and a little different. We were glad we tried it.


Nong had noodles, Shanghai fish and a veggie stirfry. I had the fried rice, Shanghai fish and honey garlic chicken. 

The fish was excellent...lightly battered, fresh not fishy and nothing was greasy...one of my pet peeves with many purveyors of deep fried foods. Even my fried rice was good and not greasy. 
It you find yourself in the east end of Ottawa and have got the hungries, we recommend giving Shanghai 360 a try. It`s in the food court on the second floor - St Laurent Centre.

Here are a few more pix I took of my fair lady and some of the Christmas decor.







See ya, eh!

Bob

PS: In case you are wondering, my doctor was pleased with the results of my biopsy and recommends just keeping me on an active watch...so I`ll do a blood test and see him every six months or so with the next biopsy in 1-3 years. 

Comments about yesterday’s post on a computer virus:

... from Mark in the U. K:

Bob, you have the opportunity with your blog to be educational, I enjoy reading many of them. But when todays story is actually a fake message that has no substance... just says everyone says its true so it must be true so pass it on and you do... to all your readers... then you have become a victim to the hoax and gave it a bigger audience.

This story has been been doing the rounds since 2006! The best advice to offer ANYONE with regards to virus's is to simply make sure your Anti Virus is always up to date, they have daily downloads to keep your PC ahead of the game. Also, google it... that will always tell you whats fake! :)

Dont stop what youre doing... this one is just a rotten tomato :)

Mark

... from Jim in St Marys, Ontario:

Good morning Bob
If you check snopes, you will find this a hoax. 
Have a good day.

Bob’s reflections:

Dang! That’s the second time my research assistant has messed up recently. I’m sending him for retraining. Never should have given him that coffee break!

Meanwhile, I appreciate the comments, fellas, and the advice, Mark. It is good to confirm that some people out there actually read my blog! 


0 comments: