Thursday, December 3, 2015

Great Art?

Well, hi there! I am tickled pink (actually magenta) that you clicked by today. I thought I'd share some art news with you so as soon as you pour some freshly roasted and brewed arabica juice into your mug and nudge a virtual treat or two onto your plate, I'll get on with it...

The 1968 Cy Twombly "blackboard" painting sold for $70.5 million at New York City's Sotheby's auction in November (higher than experts' estimate of $60 million). The painting consists of six horizontal lines of continuous circular swirls (white chalk on a "blackboard") -- perhaps the same swirls that might be made by an extremely bored, aggressive first-grader given a supply of chalk and the absence of the teacher. [Artnet News, 11-11-2015]

Isn't that something, eh? $70.5 million. Can you believe it?

Here's one that I did yesterday...



I have tentatively called it"Predator" but am open to suggestions...and, of course, bids up to $70 Million US OBO!

See ya, eh!
Bob 



0 comments: