Tuesday, June 14, 2011

When we die, is that it?


Hi ya! I’m tickled pink that you took time to click by today. I really am. Let the smell of fresh Robusta and the heavenly aroma emanating from that shelf of delicious treats entice you. Go ahead…be a devil! You only live once …or do you?

When you kick the bucket, buy the farm, deep six, say your last hurrah, gasp your last breath and stop twitching, is that it? The world goes on but you just become worm fodder or little bits of ash and you have nothing to do with what’s happening any more? I have to tell you I’m sceptical about the whole business. Seems like an awful waste of talent, information, knowledge and what have you. Elvis…are you out there somewhere?

Do you go to heaven if you’ve been good or that other place if you haven’t been? If so, where the heck are they?  In our explorations of space and haven’t yet run into any Pearly Gates as far as I know. Bill Gates, maybe, but Pearly, no?  There would have to be a physical place wouldn’t there – actually two, come to think of it and likely not too close together?

There would if they were in this dimension. If you accept and believe in the good versus evil Heaven and Hell extremes then wouldn’t you also have to accept the possibility of alternate dimensions or universes? I mean when you consider all the folks who have passed on over the centuries, Heaven would have to be one heck of a big place. Likewise the netherworld. If these two places exist somewhere and that isn’t here, then where is it is what I’m asking? I’m sure we would have seen than if they were in our dimension, wouldn’t you think? Maybe, just maybe, like the rest of the universe, Heaven is constantly expanding to meet the demand. Which, I assume, would mean the other place is similarly expanding. Hmmm… It could be expanding physically or perhaps dimensionally. Now there’s a thought! The spirit world has to be another dimension, don’t you agree?

Buddhists believe we come back again and again (until we get it right). I hope they’re right because I’m having fun.  Being reinvented as a new person every once in a while could account for an ever-expanding population…all those souls with nowhere else to go. Let’s hope they/we go somewhere is what I’m saying.

Yadda…yadda…yadda…

See ya.

Bob

0 comments: