Monday, June 20, 2011

It’s not only our feet that are growing!


A gracious good day to you, my friend. Cup of Joe? Delectable treat? Why not, eh. Go for it! Say… yesterday, I was telling you that our average shoe size has been on the rise. Well, that’s not all that’s afoot… sorry, couldn’t resist! It seems that in the last 10 years, the average bra size had gone from 36C to 36DD. Really? Uh-huh… the average cup size is a DD. While this fact will no doubt please most men, the reality doesn’t have that much to do with silicone implants. When any part of us gets bigger, it usually means the rest of us is also increasing in size and that’s what’s happening. Obesity is also on the rise in the US and elsewhere and that’s the real cause of larger boobs.

Needlesstosay, retailiers are seeing larger sales (bad pun) in the full-figured bra market. Sales went up about 7.4 percent in just one year. Retailers have been somewhat slow to respond but are getting their act together and working desperately working to offer more support for this demand. Susan Nethero runs a chain called Intimacy that carries bras up to a K cup.(K cup? Holy melons, eh!) She says the full-figure bras are completely outselling the smaller cup sizes. "Full-busted sales have grown by at least 10 percent over the past year, and 74 percent of my bra business is now with cup sizes larger than DD,"

Reckon I’d be best advised to just leave enough alone here…

See ya!

Bob

Comment from Chris in Toronto:

Isn't it true the average height is also increasing? Maybe we just need bigger feet to hold up our bigger bodies!
Chris

Bob’s Reply:

You’re absolutely right, Chris. We are getting taller. I can’t say I notice it so much in Canada but here in Thailand I can tell you that over the last 24 years, I have seen tremendous upward growth in Thai kids. Used to be 5’2” was tall for girls here. Now you see 5’8 – 5’10. Boys are getting even taller. At least one of Nong’s nephews is taller that my 6’.

Got a few minutes? Visit one or more of my other blogs:
Money Secrets
Green Energy News
My Weight Loss Success
Teach Overseas
My Business English Club


0 comments: