Thursday, August 8, 2013

The garden is booming!

Well there you are. I wondered if you were outside gardening or something. Have to be careful doing that apparently if you live in England. I'll tell you about it but first why not fill your mug with some perky Arabica coffee and grab an English muffin? Now where was I?...

Carole Longhorn, 66, struck a metal object in her garden in Norfolk, England, in June, and, though it looked like a projectile-bomb, she said she decided to take it inside and wash it off in the sink before calling police (who later detonated the World War II-era munition in a controlled explosion). 

Said her husband later: "You can imagine what I said to her." 

What did he say to her, I wonder? 

"When you get through washing off that bomb, make me a bacon sandwich would you, luv? Hang on a minute! Did I just say 'bomb'? Bloody Hell! Call the coppers quick-like then get your arse out of the kitchen while you still 'ave it!"

See ya, eh!

Bob

0 comments: