Friday, August 30, 2013

Ready for Chirstmas yet?

Holy reindeer dropping! Are you kidding me? Hey...great to see you, by the way. Come in on a cyber-sleigh today, did you? Got your Christmas shopping done yet? Fill your coffee mug and snag a virtual treat to munch on while you thumb through your copy of the Sears Christmas Wish Book 2013! What...you don't have yours yet? C'mon. I know it's still only August but ours was delivered to our door Wednesday. Yup..in August! 

Talk about getting a jump on the season, eh! Here we are sweltering in the summer heat. Everyone's out in shorts, t-shirts, tank tops and sandals and some marketing genius who is obviously out of their cotton picking mind is sending out Christmas catalogues. Give us a break, eh!

Oh, yeah, and hockey season is right around the corner, too. Local teams are already heating up (cooling down?) with pix in the papers, write-ups and there are even replays of some of last season's games, would you believe. The season just ended in June for cripes sake. 

Now you want me to start thinking about Christmas? Have the decency to at least wait until after hallowe'en, would you...and that's two months away. There are even Christmas ornaments on sale in at least one major store here!

All right, I confess. I did remind Nong that my birthday is right after the New Year so, like, while she's out in the August heat shopping for my Christmas present, she may as well kill two birds with one stone and pick up my birthday present, eh!

Makes sense to me, no?

See ya in the stores, eh! Have a Merry Labour Day, Thanksgiving, Hallowe'en, and the rest of the holidays that fall between now and Christmas. Whatever!

Bob


0 comments: