Friday, May 10, 2013

Believe in Fortune Cookies!

Hi ya! How're you doing today? Pour some Joe in your mug and grab a virtual mega pastry to help get you in a fortuitous state of mind. Speaking of that, earlier this week, Nong and I had lunch downtown at a Chinese buffet that has been around Cornwall since the year dot - if not before. Jack Lee's has a rather small offering as buffets go but the price is $5.95 for lunch so you can't beat that. 

At the end of your meal, they give you each a fortune cookie with the bill. Along with a statement such as "Your hard work will pay off today." and a word or phrase to learn in Chinese (mine was ka fei = coffee), they give you six lucky numbers. Well, I had gotten these many times in the past but I thought, what the heck, I'm going to play them on Lotto 6/49 (pick six numbers from 1-49 and hope for the best). So I put in one line for my numbers and one for Nong's.

The next morning, we were watching the program listings channel which also gives the weather, text news line and the lottery numbers. Nong was paying more attention than I was and she called out the numbers when they came on the screen. The first three sounded familiar but I subsequently forgot to check them until later. When I finally remembered and checked them, we had four out of six numbers on one line and two out of six plus the bonus number on the second line. Total of $70 in fortuitous winnings!

So next time you get given a set of lucky numbers... play them, eh. You never know!

See ya, eh!

Bob

0 comments: