Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Seeds of Well-Being

Hey there! How's she going? Got time for a mug of coffee and a virtual megamuffin? Of course you do. When I 'seed' you spiraling down out of cyberspace, I knew you were ready. Notice my neat but not necessarily grammatical segue into the seedy topic of the day, eh! Literary license is what that is. 

Here's another note I received from my pal, Dr Al (Sears)...


Dear Bob,

If you’re a regular reader you know I don’t take pain relievers.

There are natural remedies that have no harmful side effects. This is one of the best uses of herbs and nutrients I know of and use.

Today, I want to share some simple advice on using nature as medicine. So the next time you have pain for example, you can try one of my favorite cures: seed oils.

In fact, seed oils can do a lot more than relieve pain, but I’ll tell you more about that in a minute.

Here’s what you need to know to use seed oil to relieve soreness from everyday activities so you can get back in the action and not have to slow down your life one bit.

1) The first seed oil I use is sunflower seed oil. It’s rich in organic compounds that promote skin, bone and joint health, like vitamin D and
vitamin E.

But, it’s the natural fats in sunflower oil that help the delicate matrix of your skin tissues to maintain their structure. Painful, soft, bruised, red, or swollen areas at the site of pain need these to heal and remain soft and supple.

Sunflower oil “mimics” your skin’s natural fats. Once you apply it, your skin absorbs it almost instantly because it “recognizes” it as a friendly compound.

2) I also use black cumin seed oil. You’ll find cumin in a range of foods from Asia and India to the Caribbean. But it’s not just a tasty seasoning… The oil derived from cumin seed also happens to have a powerful warming effect, helping to soothe and relieve muscular and joint pain from arthritis and strain.

As a soothing agent, it also restores and stimulates the nervous system to help aches and pains, including migraines. And recent research shows it’s also a warrior against infections of all kinds—infections that can result from injury and cause inflammation all on their own.

3) Another seed oil that’s effective is eucalyptus oil. When I sat down to study the uses for eucalyptus I found something most integrative doctors and even many herbalists don’t know. It stimulates your immune system, is anti-inflammatory, is an antioxidant … and has strong pain relieving effects.1

Pain relief is just one of the ways seed oils can heal you. And seed oils can heal in ways man-made solutions never can.

Our bodies evolved over millions of years to thrive on these kinds of foods-as medicine. They are nature’s way to repair, restore, and rejuvenate. Seeds in particular have been prized for centuries for their delicious and flavor-enhancing properties, and for their medicinal benefit.

Seeds are like a plant's "eggs" full of the life-giving nourishment necessary to foster new plant growth. When you eat seeds, the wealth of nutrients contained inside can powerfully impact your wellbeing.

But, seeds themselves may not be enough. You would need to eat a huge amount of sunflower or cumin seeds to get the level of nutrients necessary for pain relief. But when you extract oil from a seed, that oil contains a concentrated amount of the seed's health-promoting nourishment.

For example, I use another seed oil, from pumpkins, to help men maintain prostate health.

And I give coriander seed oil to my patients who need help with their digestion.

To Your Good Health,
Dr. Sears' Signature image
Al Sears, MD

Hmmm...worth a try, I figure. Have to stop by Sharyn's Pantry, which is, like, a three-minute walk away. I can handle that. I am sure she will have some if not all of the oils Dr Al mentions. Put on the oil! Put on the music! Let's start slipping and sliding away!
See ya, eh!
Bob

0 comments: