Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Carving Entire Caves by Hand with a Pickaxe

Aha! There you are. I thought that was you changing lanes in cyberspace in preparation for a spiraling orbit down to my virtual café. Glad you could make it today! 

Fill your mug with some aromatic arabica juice and snaggle a virtual treat while you're at it. Say...you know my love of art, eh. But I've never been much of a sculpture fan. Oh, I appreciate the effort. Maybe it's just that I love the colour of painting. Anyway, I am ready to admit this guy's sculpting is amazing. 

67-year-old Ra came into his unusual profession after years of being a drifter. He was a college dropout, was discharged from the U.S. Navy and hitchhiked his way across America. He worked on a series of odd jobs – postal employee, security guard, janitor, and even farmer and one point.

Ra learned the art of digging in the summer of 1985, when he worked in Dixon as an excavator. He would dig outhouses and build wells, (hopefully not using the same holes, eh!) giving him a longing to do something artistic with his hands. One thing led to another and soon, he was digging caves.

I dig it!

See ya, eh!

Bob

0 comments: