Sunday, October 20, 2013

Spending too much time on Email?

Well, hi there! How's it going, eh? Ready for a mugga and a virtual muffin? Help yourself and then elbow your way over here to the table. Say, is it crowded in cyberspace today? Email overflowing? Me, too! Unbelievable sometimes. I must have close to 100 email accounts, maybe more...mostly with GMail; one Yahoo, 50 odd with Powweb and a scattering of other ones I seldom if ever check. On average, I'd say I get 300-500 emails a day and most of what comes in is useless. Drives me insane sometimes! Well, here's something for you to investigate. It's called Sanemail...

SaneBox does a number of things. It looks at your relationships and creates a gmail label called SaneTop. That is a list of your most important contacts. It’s smart, it evolves and it’s done automatically.

It also creates a label called SaneLater. That’s stuff that’s not important and not time sensitive. Those two things alone have made my email life better. 

SaneBox does other stuff too but those are the killer features. Plus it’s a breeze to setup. Two clicks and you are done. It all works within gmail instead of forcing me to another website or app. So my keyboard shortcuts, threads, send/archive, labs etc all remain. 

If you are a gmail user, check it out: www.sanebox.com.

There is one catch. It's free to try but then starts at $2 a month. Dang! I knew there was a catch somewhere. Don't be surprised if the likes of Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail don't jump on the bandwagon and create their own sorter. Some already have labels...none of which I have bothered to check out yet. Too busy checking my emails!

See ya, eh!

Bob

0 comments: