Thursday, October 24, 2013

Strike while the needle is hot, that's my new motto!

Hiya! How's trix? Glad you could come by today and, as usual, your timing is absolutely bang on. Tell me...do you sit out there in cyberspace listening to the coffeepot perking away, or what? Huh? Huh? Go ahead...fill your mug and snag a virtual doughnut or two. Got some pumpkin ones in honour of the season today...replete with orange and black sprinkles.

Remember yesterday? I was talking about getting your annual flu shot and I said I never bothered myself but that I might get one this year. Well I did! 

As it turned out, we had to go to the local clinic yesterday to get the results of Nong's X Ray. She's been having neck, chest and back pain so to be on the safe side, the doctor ordered an X Ray last week. That turned out to be fine but the nurse asked us if we had had our flu shots. We had a discussion about the benefits with the nurse and later the doctor. The nurse said she could give be one right there and then.

In the US, a flu shot can cost you $20 or so. Here in Canada, it's free. My Scottish ancestry perked up on hearing the price so I made an executive decision to 'get 'er done' eh! Strike while the needle is hot and the cost is free. That's my new motto! I'm waiting until they can put caffeine in a needle then it would...nah, not such a good idea.

See ya, eh!

Bob

0 comments: