Monday, June 17, 2013

Martintown Art Show



Hi ya! Wonderful to see you and thanks for clicking on by today.  Coffee’s hot and the VTs are right out of the virtual oven so dig in while I tell you what I was up to yesterday. 

I participated in my first ever art show in Martintown – a small town a few clicks out into the countryside. Fifteen artists were there and yours truly was one of them. 

It poured rain from the time the show opened at 10:00 until just after it closed at 3:00 pm. Didn't help the numbers any. Pisser! I didn’t sell anything but didn’t really expect to. It was a good learning experience for me though. Picked up lots of tips and marketing ideas; agreed to talk to a group later this year about Thailand and opted to participate in another art show in the Martintown Old Mill on August 4th. Make the date down if you’re in the area.


Martintown is a farming community and it did seem to me that a good percentage of the visitors were somewhere between Red Green and Larry the Cable Guy. Not a big art niche so I need to adjust my display accordingly.  Anyway it was a fun day. I met a lot of really nice people and made some valuable contacts. All in all a successful day, eh. Now I have to work on adjusting my web site somewhat. Soon's I do that, I'll remind you about it so you can peruse to your heart's content.


See ya, eh!



Bob

0 comments: