Saturday, September 22, 2012


Is She Really 70?


Well, there you are. I thought it was you with your finger poised on the click button. I'm glad you stopped by. It's always a pleasure to see you - even if it is only virtually. Help yourself to a regenerating, rehydrating, refreshing mug of coffee and a virtual goodie while I tell you about 70 year-old Annette. You wouldn't know her age to look at her. Annette Larkins doesn't look a day over 40, thanks to the diet and lifestyle she maintains. She looks so young that people mistake her to be the daughter, when she's out with her husband of 54 years, but I suppose he isn't complaining.

Mrs. Larkins says the secret to her beauty lies in the raw vegan diet, consisting of organic vegetables, fruits, seeds and nuts grown in her own garden, she calls the ‘fountain of youth'. The woman doesn't touch anything that has been cooked. And another strange thing she does is collect rainwater, to keep her garden blossoming, but also to drink. But the resident of Miami-Dade County, Florida, didn't always have such a healthy lifestyle. In fact, she consumed meat regularly, as her husband used to own a meat factory way back in the 1960s. It was then that she decided to change her eating habits forever. And what a great decision that was. I mean, just look at her!

Hope I look that good when I'm 70. Wait a second! I am ...and I don't. But I am what I am and that's all there is to it. Gotta get back on the exercise bike. Then a glass of rainwater and a veggie burger (with hot sauce)!

See ya, eh!

Bob

0 comments: