Friday, October 29, 2010

Transhumanism and Power Porridge!

Transhumanism and Power Porridge!

Well, looky here! Glad you could make it today. Fill your cup… fill your plate…let me fill your ears…

You know all this stuff I've been feeding you over the last month or two? Multi dimensions… microbots…
panspermia… cowbirds, no, not cowbirds…just making sure you're not dozing off on me…jellyfish and collagen, brain fingerprinting and all… well if you put all that together it turns out that most of it has a name… transhumanism .

Transhumanism is a philosophy that humanity can, and should, strive to higher levels: physically, mentally and socially. It encourages research into such areas as life extension, cryonics, nanotechnology, physical and mental enhancements, uploading human consciousness into computers and megascale engineering. Right on, eh, I guess! I haven't tackled megascale engineering but I likely will soon's I figure out what it means.

Transhumanism's the theory behind my flaxseed power muffins, isn't it... making oneself a tad healthier and improving everything you can from your brain to your bod, n'est-ce pas?

Used to be a morning bowl or porridge was enough. Now, I'm into Power Porridge as part of my transhumanization! Gotta take care of numero uno, huh? I can see the puzzled look on your face across the table there. Power Porridge? Ol' Bob's eating' power porridge. Gone to his brain most likely.

Well, I should hope so. That's the idea, no? Kick the gray matter up a notch. My power porridge is quite simple in its complexity. It's just your basic oatmeal with a number of early morning additions. I dump a tablespoonful of flaxseed into the water as it starts to boil. Softens up the seeds. I may add some sliced almonds as well. While that's brewing, I slice a banana into my bowl, liberally shake in cinnamon, possibly some raisins, a little brown sugar and a teaspoon of bee pollen. Add the cooked oatmeal and either skim or soy milk. Gives me the power kick I need in the morning. Trying to watch my weight as well so I've cut out eating between snacks!

Like I say, there are so many interesting things happening out there that I'm planning on staying around another hundred years or so…given my druthers, that is…

Bob

0 comments: