Thursday, October 28, 2010

Panspermia...The Origin of Life on Earth?


Panspermia...The Origin of Life on Earth?

I’m just tickled pink that you stopped by again today.  Coffee’s hot; new tray of assorted goodies on the virtual counter. Choose your pick!

The majority of good folks believe that God created the world...a la bible, torah, qu’uran, whatever. Scientists on the other hand hold with Darwin that man evolved. Hey, Bob, if we’re descended from apes, how come we still have apes? You’ve got me there…

A possibility that I think is worth considering is that we’re all immigrants anyway because, as you may have heard me utter before, I don’t fully buy that big bang stuff. I suspect we came from somewhere other than “Poof! Here we are!” Cosmic Ancestry says that Life comes from space because life comes from life”. Now that, I can comprehend, I think.

Cosmic Ancestry is a new theory pertaining to evolution and the origin of life on Earth. It holds that life on Earth was seeded from space, and that life's evolution to higher forms depends on genetic programs that come from space.

Part of Cosmic Ancestry is called Panspermia...(no, it’s not spreading joy and goodwill wherever you and I go, although...!) It’s the theory that originally we hitchhiked here as microbes on the backs of meteorites. Just like little sperm buddies swimming merrily along, we would have been brought here from elsewhere in the universe and evolved there from – just as we evolve today from sperm, egg and chips up to the magnificent creatures we are today.

Then my friend… if you are prepared to accept the possibility that we came from other planets, it would appear that we are not alone here!

Got any thoughts on it?

Meteorite muffins… crusty on the outside…even harder on the inside…might be good to dunk in your coffee...or possibly as hockey pucks!

Bob

0 comments: