Sunday, May 31, 2015

My Latest Art

Hi there art aficionado! Thanks for stopping by. Keeping well, are you? I hope so. It's always a treat to see you! Coffee's delicious and so are the VTs so help yourself while I tell you about my latest painting. 

This is a 60 x 80 cm acrylic on the theme of a garden in a very small space so I called it 'Urban Garden'. Having had several houses in Toronto with very small growing areas and also watching the reno shows on TV and seeing how they can transform a small space was my inspiration for this work.

I had started with a textured line horizontally across the centre of the canvas. This was created with white modelling paste - though it is mostly several shades of green now. You can see some of it if you peer intently at the above photo.

It sat for a week or so as I meditated, contemplated and cogitated on what I was going to do with it, mulling over numerous possibilities. It took a while for the 'Eureka!' moment to arrive but then you can't rush inspiration.

When I finally reached for my paintbrush, I pretty well finished it off one morning and avoided the temptation to 'finish it to death'. 

Anyway, I hope you like it!

See ya, eh! I have to go wipe the paint off my keyboard...

Bob


0 comments: