Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Woman Makes Entire Wardrobe Out Of Hair



Hi there. You’re a sight for sore eyes…and believe me I have them… well still a bit foggy and jet-lagged but coming out of it slowly. Anyway, fill your mug, grab a treat. I’ve saved your chair for you here. I want to tell you about Ioana Cioanca.  She’s a lady who lives in Romania. What’s unusual about her is that she’s just completed creating an entire wardrobe out of her own hair.  Ioana is 64 and started to collect her fallen hair at age 17 when her grandmother told her that it was a sin to throw it out. 

She just completed making a raincoat for the winter season.  She says she intends to wear it over the brown blouse and skirt crocheted from the same material when she goes to church on Sunday. (You’re not making this up, are you Bob?) Absolutely not. You know I don’t have to do that. The world’s full of these weird and wonderful happenings. 

So let’s think about this for a minute. She’s 64 so one assumes Ioana’s not going to be making a hair bikini, eh? I mean how would she know where the ‘bikini line’ starts and stops? Could be embarrassing! 

I can see a hair hat though likely not as fancy as some of those creations at the royal wedding last week. Mind you, it is hair so what’s to stop slapping on a bit of hair colour? Instead of red, yellow and blue outfits, you’d have redhead, brunette, blonde and blue rinse (for the older crowd).

Why short-sleeved shirts could become short and curly sleeved shirts. Why not? Think I’d better finish my coffee and go lie down. 


Bob

0 comments: