Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Hallowe'en!

Happy Hallowe'en. The Great Pumpkin shines his MOONlight on your countenance today as does her Great Pumpkiness. Hey, good to see you! Wassup? Ready to party with the ghosts and goblins tonight? Nah...me neither.


It's been a busy week...Monday was municipal election night. I had met the incumbent mayor who, along with four of the ten councillors did not get reelected. Apparently Cornwallers want things to change so we'll see what happens.

Tuesday eveing we went to Thum's Thai Kitchen for a small farewell gathering for our friend, Shaun, who left Wednesday to take up residence in Thailand.I did a small watercolour for him to take and hopefully hang somewhere as a reminder of the vibrant fall colours we have here.

Wednesday, we invaded the RCAFA (Royal Canadian Air Force Association). It was wing night and karaoke night, too. Usually, I hate karaoke with a passion but at the RCAFA, the patrons like old style country music and I have to admit that there are several singers who do a fair job of impersonating Jim Reeves, Tammy Wynette and Patsy Cline. I made some Vodkaberry Cupcakes  for the occasion. These were made by adapting a cupcake recipe to include vodka three ways and cranberry sauce. They tasted pretty good, too!


Yesterday, we went shopping for a costume for Nong. She is decked out as a witch for her shift at Tim's today. (Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy...nothing to do with the above-mentioned cupcakes). She added a little 'whiteface' and a stern look. I may stop by Tims later and take some pics of the Tims Girls' Gang. Where else can you get a sandwich served by a Timwitch?

Sunday we'll be off to Ottawa to the Thai temple, which no doubt will end up somewhere with too much delicious Thai food and a bunch of good Thai and farang friends. 

If you want to see some Thai dance by the Thai Dance Troupe of Ottawa, go here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYGTVyn8c78

Next week, I already have two meetings scheduled and that could be three. Jeesh...I'm busier now than before I retired! 

See ya, eh,

Bob

I almost forgot. Made one of my favourite Thai desserts this morning...steamed pumpkin with custard. I haven't made it before so we'll see how it turns out. If it is edible, I'll post the recipe!








0 comments: